- download bootstrap for cs407 from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-x07/cross/unstable/
- sh syno-x07-bootstrap_1.2-3_arm.xsh
- follow instructions (reboot) and run bootstrap.sh
- “ipkg install” required libraries: e.g. gdbm, libid3tag, sqlite_3, codec support and gcc (lib prerequisites are echoed when installing)
- download latest nightly build from firefly (mt-daapd-svn-1696.tar.gz)
- compile with gcc and following options: ./configure –enable-sqlite3 –enable-oggvorbis –enable-flac –enable-mdns –prefix=/opt/local/mt-daapd
- then “make” and make “install”
- add lib path to “/root/.profile”: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
- for autostart copy “/opt/local/mt-daapd/etc/S99firefly.sh” to “/usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S99firefly.sh”
Instead of using the built-in versions of UPNP and MT-DAAPD (which is basically an old version of FireFly performing very badly) of my cs407 I now have TwonkyVision to stream media to my PS3 and a FireFly to stream music when being outside of my local network; this also requires to forward port 3689 in the router.
When using iTunes remotely use Rendezvous proxy or the FirePlay web client.